See the most recent Message from the President  with more great details about this conference!
1:00-3:30 p.m. Luncheon Meeting of the National Advisory Board and Board of Directors, Hilton Columbus Downtown. [By invitation only]
2:00-5:00 p.m. Registration, Hilton Columbus Downtown, Lobby, 401 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43215
6:30-8:30 p.m. FASA Welcome Reception & Exhibition: “Ohio Self-Taught” at Lindsay Gallery, 986 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43201.
Shuttle Bus will go between Gallery and Hotel.
Dinner on your own. Restaurant list will be provided.
7:30-8:45 a.m. - Late Registration, Hilton Columbus Downtown, Lobby
8:30 a.m. - Buses leave Hilton for House & Gallery Tours
9:00-10:00 a.m. - Visit Jules and Judy Garel’s Home, 12 Lyonsgate, 43209
10:30-11:30 a.m. - Visit Gallery 831, 831 S. Front St., 43206, for exhibition: “The Work of Mark Beyer from Thomas Wagner’s Collection”
11:45-12:30 - Visit Levent Isik Exhibition at Raw Gallery,112 E. Main St.
1:00-2:30 p.m. - Luncheon at Schmidt’s German Restaurant, 240 E. Kossuth St.
3:00-4:00 p.m. - Visit Home of LoAnn Crane, 1 Miranova Place, #515, 43215
4:30-5:30 p.m. - Visit the Pizutti Collection of Contemporary Art, 632 N. Park St.
5:30 p.m. - Return to Hilton Hotel
Dinner on your own. Restaurant List Provided.
Ticket, including Lunch, Tours, Admission & Bus..........$75
8:30 a.m. - Buses depart Hilton Hotel for Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43215.
9:00-12:00 - Symposium at Columbus Museum of Art
“The Folk and Self-Taught Art of Ohio”
- 9:00-9:30 a.m. - Folk Art Society Awards and Meeting
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. - Nannette Maciejunes, Executive Director, Columbus Museum of Art, “The Columbus Museum’s Vision for Folk Art.”
- 10:00-10:30 a.m. - John Moe, Senior Lecturer, Ohio State University, Department of English and Center for Folklore Studies, “Elijah Pierce.”
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. - Break
- 10:45-11:15 a.m. - Mark Chepp, Executive Director, Southern Ohio Museum, “The Hartman Rock Garden.”
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. - Michael Hall, Sculptor, Collector, Adjunct Curator of Folk Art, Columbus Museum of Art, “Folk Art at the Columbus Museum: A Work in Progress.”
12:00-1:00 p.m. - Luncheon at Columbus Museum of Art
1:00-1:30 p.m. - Book Signing with Michael Hall
1:00-3:00 p.m. - Visit the CMA Galleries & Book Store
Special Exhibition: “Counterpoint: Works by Folk and Self-Taught Artists at the Columbus Museum of Art.”
3:00 p.m. - Buses will drop passengers at Wexner Center for the Arts (1871 N. High St.) and proceed to Hilton Hotel. (Wexner visitors return on their own.)
3:30-5:30 - Free time to explore Art Galleries & Shops of Downtown Columbus
Ticket, including symposium, lunch and bus.......................$50.
6:00-6:30 p.m. - Cocktail Reception at Hilton, Robert King Room
6:30-10:00 p.m. - Dinner with Silent & Live Auction, Hilton, Robert King Room
Ticket, including reception, dinner and auction..................$125
9:00 a.m. - Buses depart Hilton Hotel for Trip to Springfield, OH
10:00-11:00 a.m. - Visit Mark Chepp and Charlotte Gordon’s Home and Art Collection, 36 Dover Road, Springfield, OH 45504.
11:30-12:45 p.m. - Luncheon at Cracker Barrel Restaurant, 105 W. Leffel Lane.
1:00-1:30 p.m. - Visit Hartman Rock Garden with Mark Chepp, 1905 Russell Avenue.
2:00-3:00 p.m. - Visit Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road. Special exhibition: “Folk Art from the Museum’s Collection.” Duff Lindsay, Curator.
3:30-4:30 p.m. Visit Heart of Ohio Antique Center, 4785 E. National Road
4:30-5:30 p.m. - Buses return to Hilton Columbus Downtown.
Ticket, including luncheon, tours, and bus................$75
Dinner on your own.
****All events are subject to change****
Registration and Refund Policy
The deadline for conference registration is September 15. Registrations are not complete until full payment is received in the Folk Art Society office.
Payment by PayPal, Visa or MasterCard is accepted, as well as by personal check. Charge orders may be sent by telephone or by utilizing the FASA secure Website order form at www.folkart.org . Look under “Conference” for information and order form.
Space for all events is limited, especially for the bus trips and house tours, and reservations will be made in the order received. If you are placed on a waiting list and do not get a place on a tour, your money will be refunded after the conference. If sufficient reservations are not made for a tour, it may be canceled.
Until August 1, full refunds will be given for all cancellations. From August 1 to September 15, refunds will be given less a processing fee of $100 per person. After September 15, no refunds will be given for any reason. This rule is necessary because the society is financially and contractually obligated for the buses, hotel and catered events.
For additional information or additional copies of the brochure, contact the Folk Art Society office by telephone (804-285-4532 or 1-800-527-3655), or by e-mail (email@example.com .) Information and a registration blank can also be viewed and printed out from the Folk Art Society’s Website, www.folkart.org .
- Tickets and FASA badges are required for all events.
- Buses will depart from and return to the Hilton Columbus Downtown Hotel. The cost of bus transportation is included in each ticket. No discount is allowed for driving your own car.
- Advance reservations are required, and tickets are limited for each event. If a tour is full, a waiting list will be maintained, and no exceptions will be made. Please note refund policy as stated above.
- The Folk Art Society gratefully acknowledges the contributions of the Columbus Committee, especially Chairman Duff Lindsay and Auction Chairmen Randall Lott and Nancy McCall. We are grateful to the staffs of the Columbus Museum of Art, the Springfield Museum of Art, the Pizutti Collection, and the Hartman Rock Garden. We are also grateful to the collectors and dealers who are opening their homes and galleries for tours and social events.